A casino in Enid, OK???.If an Indian tribe, worked through all of the bureaucratic process using the Bureau of Indian Affairs and could build an online casino in downtown Enid, are you for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos round the state, you most likely run into other folks you know from Enid, partaking inside recreation furnished by the casinos. These are the same people who have left our town and so are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping on the stores, eating on the restaurants, and staying in the hotels within the area.
A brief history:
The ability to run bingo games was one of the many concessions created to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person made a bingo game that appeared as if a video slot. We have seen the little digital bingo card with the top corner with the display screen of the slot machine game. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos started to spring up everywhere. After all, you had been still playing bingo, just in a very new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact relating to the tribes as well as the State of Oklahoma allowed the use of Vegas style slot machine games, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and much better casinos were built and therefore are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino is only able to be built within historic tribal boundaries and then placed inside a trust with all the U.S. government. Since Enid doesn't have casino, is the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it was found, that ahead of the Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part with the Cherokee Outlet, occupied by the Cherokee people following Treaty of New Echota along with the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the spot was a hunting ground of the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us to be within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive aspects of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are delivered to operate tribal governments and programs because of its citizens. In addition, a portion with the revenue is split while using State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes utilize revenues to enhance infrastructure.
3. Related places of interest are built.
4. Jobs are made.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons found out that over 80 percent with the visitors to casinos were thinking about also doing something aside from gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions like family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian business people.
10. Casinos give a magnet for outside money that would not previously exist.
11. Local resident who accustomed to travel outside from the area now stays within the area.
12. More construction jobs are created building casinos.
13. Gambling is definitely an accepted way for governments to increase funds. It is seen as source of money that's easier to obtain because it is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the following businesses showed an boost in profits, attendance, and customers after an online casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more regularly
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative elements of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge about how well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes a dependancy.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time used on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour huge amount of money into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes can also be influencing gambling and also other policies affecting Native Americans by handing large sums to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is surely an increase in the following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is named an action addiction. When gambling, the hormones, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles more often, poker online paling bagus it contributes to tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, so it takes more gambling and higher stakes, to obtain the equal high. Recent studies show that slot machine gambling fires up the human brain the same way that cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If a casino were to petition to make downtown Enid, what would be your opinion? Do you think it would enhance our community or bring social problems organic beef not want to handle?